Sunday, February 10, 2013

PTI Challenge number....I've lost count?

It's pretty late, and tomorrow will be another busy day - BUT!  I must share a tag I will be posting over at PTI's next challenge that is due tomorrow morning!  Really early!  Which is why I'm still awake! ;(

But despite the sleep deprivation, I have to say this challenge caught me by surprise, and in a positive way.  It involved getting inspiration over the internet (Pinterest and the like) and making a wrap/tag/gift packaging project.  At first I wasn't planning on joining this challenge because, surprise-surprise, we were at a wrestling tourney all day (and I do mean ALL.DAY.), and I wasn't sure whether a) I had the time to surf the 'net for the perfect inspirational photo, and b) I had enough time to get inspired, then translate that inspiration onto paper.  Luckily for me, I came across this adorable tag that was handmade (then posted, then sold on Etsy) by Tara Anderson.  Really sweet little tag, and the important thing was that it got me into inspiration mode!  Here is the original found on Etsy:





And here is what I came up with:






I have to say, I'm pretty happy with how this tag turned out.  Truthfully, there was no rhyme or reason to any of the prepping as I pretty much went through my really scrappy scraps and did some quick die-cuts.  Some die cuts were already sitting around collecting dust, and others were "overstock" cuts from past card projects.

PTI items used: rustic white card base, Tremendous Tags die set, Get To The Point die set, Beautiful Blooms die set, Delightful Dahlia die set, and sentiment comes from the Garden Variety stamp set.  The pretty butterfly is a Cheery Lynn die - I believe it is the smallest version of their butterfly dies.  The black ink is from Hero Arts.

Hope you like the card...enjoy!  And thanks for stopping by. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment