Monday, May 13, 2013

Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge, oh my!

I haven't participated in an online crafting challenge in forever.  I think the last time I entered a card was when Papertrey Ink was having their crazy anniversary challenges back in March.  Then I got ridiculously sick with Bug Of The Century, which put me out for a few weeks (uncommon for my immune system).  Despite all that, I've been keeping track of what folks have been doing online, and I have missed out on several fun challenges that in hindsight, I wished I would have just made something and posted it.  Ah well, moving forward!

CAS-ual Fridays is having a great challenge that is ending soon (tomorrow, I think?  In my case, better late than never!!); a sort of tic-tac-toe-inspired grid where you have to incorporate 3 elements into your card.  I thought this would be a great challenge for me, all while keeping it clean and simple!  So much fun!  So here is what I came up with:














I decided to tackle the combination "polka dots-kraft-punches/dies."  I used Papertrey Ink's rustic white for the card base (great paper to work with, by the way, if you were ever wondering about PTI's paper), then used Cheery Lynn's Tiffany border die on kraft paper to accentuate the polka dot paper (Serenade by BasicGrey).  The sentiment is from the Chit Chat set by Paper Smooches.  The flower is by Prima.

I may try to make another card using another combination from the grid.....this was so much fun!

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you like the card....enjoy, and have a great week!!

2 comments:

  1. How pretty! Love that precious flower and fun sentiment! Thanks for playing along with our special anniversary challenge at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete