Sunday, December 2, 2012

"Time" for some CASology challenge!

I have about an hour to enter my card in the challenge over at CASology's website - and I chose a pretty appropriate stamp set: Tim Holtz's Elements of Time to go with their trigger word this week: time. :D

I don't think I ever used this stamp set before, and I remember buying it a year ago, maybe even two, when a stamp show came to town over a weekend in September.  I still love Tim Holtz, but channeling his style comes rarely, even though his products have attracted me the most over the years.  These online challenges really get my mind working, so not only do they help me use the stash I already have, but also give me an opportunity to learn new techniques and new ways to look at things in general.

I wish I would have taken the deadline more seriously (speaking of time, as a matter of fact) for this challenge since I practically started and finished this card within 20 minutes ago, but I've been wanting to do more embossing as of late, so I incorporated that element into this as well:



I don't think it's my greatest work, but I do like the monochromatic effect going on...plus, the little metal embellishment complements my Rusty Hinge ink (which I love but never really get to use on other projects).  I'll be sending this to my brother up in New Jersey, whom I have to remind that we can't be letting too much time go by before another family reunion! :)

Hope you like the card...enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful sentiment/reminder of the importance (and the relentlessness (is that a word)) of time! Thanks so much for finding the TIME to play along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic card and sentiment! so glad that you played along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete