Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Make-It-Monday #96

I decided I would join this week's Make It Monday challenge at Papertrey Ink.  I've been making Christmas cards non-stop for 2 weeks straight, so I've developed a copious amount of scraps that are perfect for this challenge: patchwork die cuts.  It also helps that I'm really into die-cutting lately, so I couldn't let this week go by without joining the fun.


For this card, I used Papertrey Ink's Tag Sale #6 to work on my die cuts; the sentiment comes from the Peaceful Pinecones stamp set, and I also used the Background Basics Tin Types for a little texture behind the tag.  For the embellishments, I *think* the wooden snowflakes are by Studio Calico and the button is from Basic Grey.  The red lacey thing you see behind the tag is actually a snowflake (called Snowflake 2) by Cheery Lynn Designs.  Patterned papers are from Authentique (Festive collection) - another great company making great products...you guys rock. :D

I always love seeing what Papertrey Ink comes up with every Monday.  Most weeks are pretty hectic for me, especially with the holidays coming up at supersonic speed, and I have to stay away (I hate to ask this, but isn't it still November?  No?).  However, when I can make time to play a little, I always feel so inspired (which will typically lead to 3 or 4 more card creations - yeaaah!).  Hopefully I'll be able to play next week - looking forward to it!!


4 comments:

  1. I really like this!!! So pretty. Love the snowflake on the button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you bordered all the patchwork pieces with the red chevron paper - really ties it together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is beautiful! Your patchwork tag and colors are gorgeous! Love your bow too . merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete