Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Make-It-Monday Challenge #83

I decided I would join in this week's Make-It-Monday Challenge at Papertrey Ink: inspiration from the card aisle!  I went to my local Michaels and found this card as my inspirational piece:



I came up with this:



For this project, I used flowers and leaves from my Rosie Posie stamp set; the sentiment comes from the Sunflower Bouquet set and the label I stamped the sentiment on is a new Darcie's die set (I'm not sure of its formal name, though, but it came in a set of four dies). The patterned paper I used is from the Simple Stories 'Harvest Lane' collection, and the inks I used are varieties from Tsukineko/Colorbox.

I had a fun time with this project.  Even though the Rosie Posie set has been out for a while, I have not had it for long.  I love the big and bold solid flowers.  It makes me think of confidence and fullness...and don't you just love those lush leaves?  At first I was hesitant about getting the matching dies, simply because I thought cutting out the images (which is something I often do when I'm making cards) would be an easy task.  Nowadays, I always try to get the matching dies for whatever stamp set I have my eyes on.  It makes the cutting process a non-issue!  

Thanks for stopping by - hope you like the card!  Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. a perfect autumn card - love the colors your posies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful! It is so warm and gives me such a warm fuzzy feeling!! I like your much. much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is everything Autumn! Beautiful colors and beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Rosie Posie's done autumn style! Great card!

    ReplyDelete