Friday, September 7, 2012

Hello, Autumn!

I think Autumn cards are the easiest for me to visualize and create.  I tend to go for earthy colors, so when I see patterned papers that have greens, browns, and burnt oranges swirled together, I already have several layouts planned for my mini albums, as well as a multitude of cards to welcome Fall and to celebrate Thanksgiving.  I can spend days just staring into pinks and blues, and not be able to go forward.  With fall colors, I can pump out several creations that I think look pretty nice.

Here is a card I was able to do in about 15 minutes, just this morning (the apples were previously cut, though).  It was well received at my local crafting store, so I will be making this card for their Demo Day next month.  It should be fun!


For my "crate," I cut strips from MME's Howdy Doody paper and overlapped them a bit to look like pieces of wood. The thinner strips of kraft with brad connectors remind me of those metal bands you sometimes see around barrels to keep them from falling apart.  I then cut out some apples from BoBunny's Apple Cider collection (the paper is called Apple Cider Orchard).  Those huge apples were just begging to be cut out and pieced onto a card!  Does anyone else find image-cutting therapeutic?  I have already cut out all the apples from 2 papers, heh.  Granted, I will typically do this late at night, when I can enjoy some quiet time after the boys have gone to bed.  Since I always feel I can never just sit and watch a television show, cutting out images from patterned papers is a great activity to go in tandem with that.  This year, my mailing list will be getting all kinds of apple-filled cards, for sure!!

Hope you like the card...enjoy!


(Additional items used: Harvest Lane and Harvest Blessings papers from Simple Stories; Just Rite's Christmas Antique Labels One stamps with coordinating dies from Spellbinders; sentiment from Northwoods Stamps)

1 comment: