Thursday, August 30, 2012

Subscribed!

I recently subscribed to Papertrey Ink's newsletter and found out this past Monday that they were doing a Make-It-Monday (MIM) challenge.  I knew about MIM videos I've seen posted on youtube in the past, but I wasn't aware they ever had challenges tied to them.  Well, in short, I decided to participate in this week's challenge.  It involves creating your own garland, and this particular challenge interested me a lot because I'm always trying to stretch my basic dies/stamps, using them in various ways to make them more versatile with each new project.  Some stamps/dies work better than others in the versatility department, but it's always fun to take on that little journey to see how many looks you can achieve from one such tool.  

For this challenge, and since Fall is close at hand, I thought I'd use BoBunny's 'Apple Cider' paper collection.  Fall happens to be my favorite time of the year, mainly because of the  changing of colors throughout the countryside, but also because of that crispy cool weather that makes my cup of coffee taste all the better!






I used my little Tag-Its #7 stamp set, along with some images from the Postmarks set and the postage stamp die, to create my garland.  For the garland itself, I simply made a little hole in the middle of the postage stamp and passed some hemp cord through it.  I didn't make any alterations to the stacked Primas, but I did spray some Glimmer Mist on the two tiny paper flowers to the right (a packet of 20 for 25 cents...thank you, Clearance Section @ Michaels!!).  I plan to hand-deliver this card to my mother-in-law, who lives in central PA where all the beautiful colors of Fall are!

I hope you like the card...enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Vanessa!
    So glad you found MIM challenge on Nichole's blog. You will find it addicting! By the way, love your take on the challenge. It oozes fall! Your mother-in-law will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the postage stamp to make the garland! How cute! :)

    Lauren
    http://laurenslittlecraftyplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous ! I love your fall banner made from the postage stamp. Your flower is beautiful! Congrats on your shout out from Nichole as well. On the upper right corner of her blog.

    ReplyDelete