Monday, August 27, 2012

Non-Crafting Thought of the Week

Today was the first day of school for my boys.  What excitement!  Naturally it all started off with me waking up an hour late, heh - they weren't late getting to school, though...thank goodness!!  Despite their pseudo-whining about summer ending, the boys are thrilled to be reunited with their friends and to finally have a structured day filled with all kinds of new knowledge for their brains to soak right up!  I will say, however, that it's starting to get a little weird because my youngest is now in pre-school, and I now officially have all my mornings to myself, by myself.  I think the last time my schedule was this consistent and predictable was 9 years ago, before my oldest was born.  It's the typical question that then follows: where did all this time go?  But more importantly: what do I do with all this free time now?  Aside from the fact that I could easily eat up the hours tending to dust bunnies under the furniture that have gone unnoticed for, well, "some time," I'm  thinking I have to reacquaint myself with my gym membership.  In fact, when was the last time I even went?  It had to be before school ended in June, so I guess it's been since June?  Wow.  I did hit the track a few times over the summer with my husband and the boys, but once a week is hardly anything worth mentioning.  Thank goodness I'm even saying anything about the gym - in fact, I'm eager to start up again tomorrow.  Looking forward to my date with the elliptical. :P  

No comments:

Post a Comment