Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Avocado Arts

I tried a clear stamp set I recently snagged at my local craft store.  I'm pretty sure Avocado Arts never made a "mini" stamp set before, so when I saw the smallness and cuteness of the packaging, I ran with it, heh.  This set is called "You Mean So Much" and it has 5 images, which includes two sentiments: "Thank You" and "You Mean So Much To Me."  The remaining 3 images are what I think look like 'ecclectic' florals, and they're great!  After looking through my scrap pile, I came up with this:



Not obeying the urge to paper-piece the flower was the real challenge for me.  I will typically paper-piece 95% of my card projects because I always think my cards look a little 'flat.'  And ironically, I've always labeled myself a stamper, but as of late, I hardly stamp any of my cards, save for the occasional sentiment.  With this card, I think I went back to my stamping roots and quite like what came to life - it was very refreshing to just take a small piece of cream cardstock and stamp away the blankness, without worrying about the hassles of cut-n-pasting!  The big flower is a nice size for such a small stamp set, and I love how I have the option to paper-piece and build up the flower for a future project.  Hope you like it...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment