Saturday, January 12, 2013

CASology Challenge this week!

I've missed participating in CASology's challenges for weeks and for various reasons (children sucking the life out of you, anyone? LOL), but this week I got lucky because I already had a card made that fits quite nicely with this week's theme: winter! How appropriate! I made this card a couple of weeks ago because I had a new winter-themed stamp that I've been trying to use throughout the holidays, but didn't succeed in doing anything with it until recently.

In any case, I think it totally fits CASology to a T: clean and simple! I really enjoy clean and simple cards, and even though I don't often go the simple route, doing the challenges at CASology always brings in new inspiration and new knowledge!

Here is the card I'll be posting on their site:



Since I loved Papertrey Ink's Candy Cane Christmas stamp set so much this past holiday season, I thought I'd pair the very inviting cup o' joe (because I love coffee in the cold winter months!) with the cute Northwoods sentiment; I plan to use this layout for winter hellos to my friends and family, and that also gives me the opportunity to use PTI's stamp set a little longer! :D

Thanks for stopping by...hope you like the card!  Enjoy!

(Other items used: snowflakes from Papertrey Ink's Snowflake Medley stamp set and matching dies; the patterned paper is from Basic Grey's Aspen Frost collection)

6 comments:

  1. Love the patterned paper and the border doily! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanessa, I can see why you like that paper and awesome coffee cup...so CUTE! I love your CAS card, a perfect card for winter, for sure! So glad you are enjoying the clean and simple style of cards...you do it well! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is full of winter cheer, love the mug and the warm colours in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your sweet little mug full of something warm is so perfect for the CASology challenge! a lovely clean design... so glad you were able to play along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty - love the colours - nice and toasty warm! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the great colours on this card. Thanks for joining in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete