Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Valentine's Day Cards

I've been trying to get some ideas gathered for Valentine's Day treat bags for the boys' classrooms, and in the interim....can't you just feel the pink and love in the air???  As a matter of fact, today is Pink Day in my youngest son's classroom, and all the kids are asked to wear pink in honor of their special day.  This is a dream come true for most, if not all, of his female classmates, but not so much for the boys, heh.  And as luck would have it, my youngest (Caden) is currently home with a nasty stomach bug.  Apparently, he has not minded missing Pink Day because, and I quote,"I'm a boy and boys stay very far away from pink shirts and pink pants and pink things in their hair."  Coming from a 5 year-old, it's a bit comical, so I won't argue with him at this point. :)

And speaking of pink, I've already written a few days ago how I've become newly acquainted with pink and all the cuteness that goes with it, so I came up with this little card:


This paper collection I used, oh have MERCY!, is by Glitz and it is the current apple of my eye.  Of course it's loaded with pinks, but there is also this light taupe-y color that is just barely mixed in that gives the collection a bright, yet nostalgic, look.  I love it, and paired with Papertry Ink paraphernalia, I love it even more (how do you like those little bitty hearts floating about behind the big heart?  CUTE!).  The stamp set is Papertrey Ink's With All My Heart, coordinated with their layering hearts dies.  PTI's heart border was cut from another all-time favorite: Authentique's Lively paper collection.  There are several browns and greens in that collection, which is a wonderful combination in anything: cards, clothing, nature, food, you name it!!

Hope you like the card....enjoy!  And have a nice day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment