Monday, January 28, 2013

Make-It-Monday #101

I'll be joining Papertrey Ink's Make-It-Monday #101, which technically is not late, but I sure did wait until the very last few hours before posting.  As usual, it's been a very busy weekend, and I hardly had any time to mess around with a recent haul I made over at the PTI website.  The set I decided to use for the challenge is not a new set (it is called Sending You), but I've been wanting it for months.  We don't have family living nearby, so oftentimes I'm sending something to someone via snail mail......and what other stamp set offers such perfect sentiments?! :)

Since I hadn't done anything with the set, I thought I'd try to spotlight it by joining an MIM challenge.  Here is what I came up with:






The challenge was all about layered embossing, and since this set has a few 2-step stamping images (my favorite), I thought a layered embossed effect would look nice on a 2-step stamped image!

All images, including the sentiment, come from the Sending You stamp set; the card base and rustic white panel are both from Papertrey Ink; all pigment inks (embossed with clear Stampendous embossing powder) are Fresh Ink from Impress; paper flowers are from Prima and the button is from October Afternoon.

Hope you like the card...enjoy, and have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment