Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Back On Track!

What a brick wall I bumped into 3 weeks ago!  It turned out I had a bad case of the flu, complete with sore throat, body aches, and major congestion.  This might sound awkward to some (though perhaps not to the die-hard crafters and bloggers, heh!), but I was so glad I got sick after Papertrey Ink's anniversary party early last month!  I say that because many of their daily challenges had 24-hour deadlines, and I was crafting like crazy for almost 2 weeks.  I'm sure I would have failed to join in the festivities had I been down for the count.  In any case, I'm just now getting over my cough, which has been dragging on for all eternity, and I've been slowly getting back into my craft room and doing little projects here and there.  Speaking of "projects," I was seriously getting behind in my Project Life album, and since I'm doing two 12x12 photo sleeves per week, I was really afraid I'd get a bad case of "I'm-going-to-abandon-this-because-I've-no-photos-to-speak-of-in-addition-to-not-knowing-what-to-journal-about."  The last week I was sick, I think I had a whopping 3 photos to use for the 2 layouts (and they were all from the same event), but I felt determined to not give up.  I've only been doing Project Life for about a month, so I could have used any excuse to stop - I think my kids, of all people, would have been pretty disappointed.  They've been enjoying the layouts, as have I, so for now we're in great shape.  I will have to post some pictures soon.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share a card I recently made for an upcoming Demo Day at Photoscraps.  The Demo Day card I prepped for last month was never offered because, again, I was sick as a dog and had to stay home.  I will be offering February's card for this month, but in addition to that, I'm also going to be offering this card:





Just in time for Easter, too!  For the patterned paper, I used Authentique's Grace collection (love those colors!).  The basket die, mini leaves, stamped eggs and sentiment all by Impression Obsession; the Tiffany border is by Cheery Lynn, and the antique label is by Spellbinders.  I also used the wood grain stamp from Hero Arts to add more texture to the basket.  All inks are by Tsukineko.

I'm also planning to join Papertrey Ink's Make-It-Monday this week, only because Melissa Phillips is the designer in charge this week, and her cards are always so great (no surprise there!).

Hope you like the card...enjoy, and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment