Sunday, October 21, 2012

CASology Week #15


I was going to post this days ago, but oops - I guess that little thing called 'life' sort of got in the way!  But no worries, for I still have just shy of an hour to join the challenge at CASology...and since I uploaded my card pictures days ago, this should take me just a few minutes to post and share with everyone.

Week #15's trigger is "night," and since I've been making Halloween cards for friends and family, as well as goodie bags for my boys' classrooms, I thought I might join the challenge with this card:






For this card, I used an Impression Obsession die that I was trying so hard not to buy because it was way too seasonal...but I couldn't pass up the cat with the wiggly tail and the laughing jack-o-lantern.  The moon and star is a separate mini stamp set from Lawn Fawn ( called 'Hoppy Halloween,' which I really should make a card with because the bunny with the fangs is pretty hilarious), patterned paper from Authentique's Enchanted collection, Bazzill Basics cardstock, Memory Box's Gothic Halloween sentiment stamp, and inks from Color Box and Sakura.

Overall, this was a really fun challenge.  My boys made the comment that they thought the moon should have been yellow; I told them they were more than welcome to make their own card with a yellow moon on it. ;P

Hope you like the card...enjoy! 

4 comments:

  1. Love your skyline (and the orange 'night') Great combination of all these elements to create a very atmospheric card! Thanks so much for playing along in the dark with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that die cut and the orange DP is fabulous. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card ~ fantastic die cut, I can see how you couldn't pass it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulously spooky card... thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete