Tuesday, October 23, 2012

So Busy!

I have been running around all day today.  I cannot believe it is only Tuesday and already I am so bogged down with things that aren't even happening until Friday!  I can't even really say I'm looking forward to the weekend because my son's team made it to the playoffs, so it's technically still football season in our house...and with that comes hours and hours of practice, as well as the game itself on Saturdays (which is pretty far away this Saturday - lovely.  Not!).  Plus, my oldest has soccer, soccer, and more soccer until mid-November, so there's still a whole lot of running around to be had before we go to bed tomorrow night!  

In any case, I had a little bit of time to try out some new products late last night (well not too late... ::cough2AMcough::) and wanted to join this week's challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays: create a card with an element hanging off the card.  I thought this was such a fun idea to try, and I had a great element for this:



These gorgeous fall leaves are from My Favorite Things (Die-namics); there are 3 dies in this set and I really like the detail of all 3 leaves - so pretty.  Patterned papers are from (what a shocker!) Authentique's Thankful collection; I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink for all my edges, sentiment is from Northwoods, doily die is from Papertrey Ink's Doily Details collection, and the button is from BoBunny.  I gave the leaves some texture using Papertrey Ink's Tin Types Background Basics stamp, as well as 'Magical Background' by Hero Arts.  The card base is Papertrey Ink's vintage cream...another great paper to work with!

I plan to make a few of these cards to give to my sisters-in-law, since they are the ones we visit over Thanksgiving break.  I might embellish a little more for them, but I wanted to keep it simple for this challenge.  Thanks for stopping by!

Hope you like the card...enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, what a warm and inviting card! Love the earthy colors and prints you mixed together, so perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll say you've been busy...goodness! I love the added texture you gave the leaves and that fab checkered gingham type paper too. Sucha great earthy card! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)

    ReplyDelete