Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Make-It-Monday #86 @ Papertrey Ink!!

I missed Papertrey Ink's Make-It Monday that featured the glitter tab last week....so cute!!  But where does the week go?  By the time I was ready to sit down and create my version of the challenge, it was already Monday night (as in 14 hours past the cut-off time, heh)!  Oh well, thank goodness a challenge can be had every week!  So, moving forward to this week's challenge!

Here is my take on it:


  
For my card, I used some rustic white paper for my sentiment, and the sentiment comes from the Mistletoe & Holly stamp set.  I also stamped the holly and berries from the same set to create my background.  The dotted side "bursts" come from the Hello Sunshine set and the flower is from Petaloo (misted with 'Lobster' Glimmer Mist).  

The sentiment stamped inside comes from the Happiest of Holidays stamp set, and the top and bottom flourish comes from the Gratitude Journal stamp set.  Overall, I think the card is okay.  I might try this same sketch in different colors perhaps.  I'm not sure if I completely love this card...I think it might be the flower being too red, or possibly too big....one thing is for sure: someone will be receiving this for Christmas this year, and I hope they like it! ;D 

I don't usually stamp the inside of my card, so this challenge was a great way to think about prettying up other parts of the card, in addition to the front.  And of course, this is just another nice way to really utilize those stamp sets with little images that might not get used as often as they should.....

I'm already looking forward to next week's challenge.....keeping my fingers crossed to find some time to do them all!

Hope you like the card...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment