Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Make-It Monday #87 @ Papertrey Ink

This week's challenge involves using alphabet dies as a stamping tool.  I have to say this was a pretty brilliant idea, and since I'm such a huge die collector, it's so nice to think I have other ways to use my dies and stretch their purpose.  Very fun technique, and here is what I came up with!



I had a great time working on this card.  For the base, I used Papertrey Ink's Vintage Cream cardstock.  I didn't have any alpha dies from Papertrey Ink, so I used the one I had from Memory Box.  I'll be honest and say I never cut anything but paper with my Cuttlebug, so it was nice to experiment with other materials (I've already tried thin wood, tin, and chipboard - fun!).  I thought the stamping would turn out blotchy, but it came out rather decent.  

Hope you like the card...enjoy!

(Snowflakes from Snowflake Medley; Crackled stamp for the Edgers #4 border piece; Vintage Cream, Lemon Tart and Simply Chartreuse Inks; Patterned papers from Authentique's Peaceful collection; Little Yellow Bicycle gems; Rustic White and Rustic Cream cardstock for the die cuts)

3 comments:

  1. The stamping did come out super I thought the foam was kind of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovey card, Vanessa. The snowflakes in Chartreuse are so pretty on the patterned papers.

    ReplyDelete