Sunday, February 3, 2013

CASology This Week

So, after a whole weekend of wrestling tournaments with the boys, I'm glad to say I have the rest of the afternoon to do some crafting...at least until dinner time, which is the biggest chunk of "me time" I've had in a while.  Yeah!  Go me!  But seriously, I only have a little more than an hour to post my next card over at CASology's website.  This week, the cue card is "game," and I was a bit surprised I couldn't find any game-themed stamps in my stash.....until I remembered I had a great Tim Holtz Alterations embossing folder that I bought a while back that would fit nicely with this week's challenge.  Here is the card I came up with:



This was a fun card to make.  I started with a Bazzill base in Ruby Slipper, then simply took a Papertrey Ink rustic white piece of cardstock and embossed it using the Alterations folder by Sizzix.  After daubering various Distress Inks over the embossed image, I die-cut the label that matches Papertrey Ink's Ad Sense stamp set (which is where the sentiment comes from).

Overall, it was a nice quick card to make (I'll be using it for an upcoming masculine birthday).  And this is why I love these challenges: they really force me to remember and use my existing tools creatively, but without going too overboard. :)

Hope you like the card...enjoy the rest of the weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Love the fun colours on the bingo card and the retro feel of the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Bingo concept. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa, so glad you found some time to play after you took care of everyone else's scheduled events! (I know how that goes!) I also LOVE that you used some of your existing stash to make a card for the challenge...isn't it great when that happens? I love that! Your card is a perfect birthday card, especially for a boy...great embossed and softly shaded background, fun sentiment! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete