Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sketch Challenge @ Papertrey Ink

There is a sketch challenge going on at Papertrey Ink in honor of their 6-year anniversary.  Mind you, they've been having challenges for 5 days straight!  And it's been a bit hectic for me to try and keep up with Nichole's blog, but once upon a time (see? I don't even know exactly when it happened...) they had something called Stamp-a-Faire, which sounded pretty awesome judging by the rave reviews after the fact.  I, of course, have no idea where I was at the time, but surely my head was buried in the sand because I don't know how I managed to have this huge event fly right by me without me noticing.  

In any case, with another big event at hand like their anniversary, I promised myself I would try my hardest to participate as much as I can, and so far I have been pretty good about keeping afloat. So the laundry doesn't get done immediately - who cares!  There's always tomorrow, right?  

Today's challenge involves choosing one of the 5 sketches available at Nichole's blog, and creating a card based on the sketch you chose.

The sketch I chose is this one:

Sketch-2

...and here is what I came up with:






I used the "Adorn" paper from Authentique's "Hope" collection - not exactly your typical Easter colors, but that is exactly what it's supposed to be: spring-y Easter paper.  Of course Authentique and I are tight like this, ha ha, and I just couldn't walk away without at least snagging a few sheets to play around with at home.  The frame is from PTI's Fabulous Frames set (why I waited so long to get this die set, I don't know, but it's a great investment and I'll be using it a lot for my Project Life-type scrapbooking); I also used the Turning A New Leaf die set, along with some Prima flowers.  The sentiment is a sassy one, and it comes from the Happy For You stamp set.  

I really enjoyed this challenge and hope to continue contributing to all the festivities!

Thanks for stopping by - hope you like the card!

No comments:

Post a Comment